Assessments and Substitute Filed Returns

The Internal Revenue Service and State Taxing Agencies will file a return for a taxpayer if the taxpayer hasn’t filed and income was reported under their identification number.   All of a sudden you receive a balance due notice for a tax period three years prior and you don’t understand where the assessment is coming Read More »